Chronic pain, headaches, muscular imbalances, and injuries can keep us from performing
our day-to-day activities. Therapeutic massage is an effective remedy for pain and injury conditions of the soft tissue, and often the solution for relieving problems that conventional methods cannot. After careful assessment of the symptoms, the most effective treatment
for a client’s particular condition is chosen, building on one or more of the following techniques:
• Myofascial Release is the softening and lengthening of the connective tissue using little
or no lubricant to create space and unobstructed movement. Connective tissue, also known
as fascia, can hold years of poor posture, old injuries, scar tissue from surgery, and trauma
in the body’s memory.
• Neuromuscular Therapy involves applying focused attention to specific muscles and surrounding tissue in order to relieve neuromuscular pain and dysfunction in the body. By increasing blood flow to the affected area and eliminating trigger points – highly sensitized
areas in muscle tissue, pain is relieved and movement is restored.
• Deep tissue massage is more than just more pressure, it targets the deeper layer of tissues to release chronic patterns of tension in the body.
• Stretching is used to increase flexibility and range of motion.
Conditions successfully treated by massage include:
• Chronic neck pain • Headaches • Rotator cuff tendonitis • Numbness in extremities
• Carpal tunnel syndrome • Plantar fasciitis • Whiplash • Leg and foot cramps
• Postural imbalances • Frozen shoulder • Sciatica or piriformis syndrome
• and a multitude of overuse injuries!
After a major surgery a few years ago, I suffered from severe discomfort and tightness in my upper back resulting from a build up of scar tissue. … More »
“Lynne put me on the road to recoveryAfter a major surgery, I suffered from severe discomfort and tightness in my upper back resulting from a build up of scar tissue. Thanks to Lynne’s knowing and competent hands doing myofascial release, the symptoms are now all but gone, and I feel like I can live in my body with ease once again. I don’t know what I would have done without Lynne’s insight, skill, and care. I’m tremendously grateful.”
“I have had recurring back pain for about five years and have gone to four physical therapists and three physicians with mixed results. By far, the greatest improvements have come from the bodywork I received from Lynne. I am now virtually pain free. Lynne is knowledgeable and skillful. I highly recommend her.”
Contact me to discuss your massage therapy needs.